Let's get started!
In Momentum Security Training’s Fundamentals of Access Control course is designed to teach students the basics of access control. This class is for anyone who works within the access control industry and wants a better technical knowledge of access control. The course will cover what access control is and how it works. Students will learn industry-standard topology configurations, how to handle different door situations, different locking types, and cabling types and practices. The course will cover standard industry credentials, components, equipment for access control systems. Safety and code regulations are briefly covered.
While not a requirement, we recommend technicians take our basic electronics and construction courses before beginning this course for a better all-around technical understanding of this material.
Length: approx 2 hr
- Code references
- Door and locking hardware
- Peripheral devices
- Readers and credentials
- Controllers and power supplies
What you'll get:
- Understanding of the fundamentals of access control
- Understanding of the codes and considerations for access control systems
- Understanding of the hardware components that make up a complete access control solution
Access to the course will be for 180 days from the date of purchase but we highly encourage you to take the course immediately.